As we get closer to the end of the year, you should be reaping the benefits of an organized home, thanks to these monthly tips. This month, it’s time to organize your schedule and brace for the holiday rush.
This month get inspired to prepare for the holidays.
Thanksgiving and Christmas seem like a long way off at this point, but the holidays will be here before you know it. Avoid the stress of last-minute preparations by making holiday plans this month and communicating expectations to the friends and family members involved, so they can make their own preparations.
Avoid the stress of last-minute preparations by making holiday plans this month and communicating expectations to the friends and family members involved, so they can make their own preparations. Click To Tweet
Here are things you should start planning two to three months before the crazy holiday season hits.
- Create a holiday events calendar – Get everything scheduled on one calendar.
- Purchase gift wrap – Place everything in one location for quick and easy wrapping. Make sure to include scissors and tape.
- Decide on gifts – Purchase and wrap gifts. Make a list for items you might be looking for on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. A list will help you stick to your budget.
- Update your mailing list – Gather addresses, make any corrections and prepare mailing labels.
- Buy holiday cards – Purchase greeting cards and stamps, begin filling out and labeling your holiday cards that need to be mailed.
- Clear camera cards – Clear or download photos from your phone or digital camera cards to make space for holiday pictures.
- Perform a road trip safety check – If you’re driving to a holiday location, have your car fluids, tires, and belts checked. A little preventative care goes a long way.
Get a jump start on the holidays so you can relax when November hits. Addressing even one or two of these items can help minimize the stress of the holidays.
When you are organized, you’re able to be in the moment and be present with your family.